Volunteer with MBUG!
Our volunteers are the essential foundation of MBUG. We have no paid staff and operate solely through the pooled efforts of those who provide services, consultation, computer knowledge, and just helpful ideas. We welcome anyone who wants to get involved to contact us and let us know his or her interests.
Currently there are a number of volunteer opportunities available within MBUG:
- Board member – Attend a Board meeting and find out how you can contribute; computer expertise is not required. Meetings are held once a month; see Newsletter for dates and location.
- Hospitality – Coordinate pick-up of snacks and beverages for monthly meetings or assist with the setup.
- Meeting reviewer – Attend a monthly general meeting and write a summary for the Newsletter; your feedback will provide useful highlights and help evaluate topics.
- Newsletter contributor – Review a favorite website, new computer hardware or software, computer services available in the area, or good or bad experiences using cellphones, digital cameras, or other devices.
- Workshop leader – If you have an area of computer expertise, there are opportunities to share it at special workshop meetings or at a general meeting; just let us know!